For most women, maintaining the perfect body shape can be difficult, especially due to the hormonal changes they experience. As you age, you may naturally gain more belly fat along your waistline due to muscle mass decline and fat mass increase. Gaining a considerable amount of fat around your waist can make wearing your favorite pair of pants almost impossible, resulting in low self-esteem.
Aside from the constant insecurities and self-consciousness, your health may also suffer due to various cardiac illnesses, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and other severe illnesses. As a result, losing belly fat is important for your health and getting your confidence in check.
There are different ways to burn belly fat; exercising, a good diet, fat burning supplements, and many more. However, the most efficient ways are through exercise and watching what you eat. Monitoring your calorie intake and developing an effective exercise regimen can significantly help to burn more calories over time.
So if you want to become leaner, feel lighter, and pack some abs, you may want to try these exercises. If done right, they can help you lose some pounds and get that perfect body you’ve been trying to achieve.
Exercises that burn the most belly fat in females
Burpees are an excellent fat-burning exercise that encourages strong muscle growth and increases daily metabolism. Its effectiveness can be felt even when your workout is over as it continues to aid in your calorie and belly fat loss. So consider doing burpees daily for a month to feel stronger and tighter and have better-toned abdominal muscles.
How to do burpees:
- Send your hips back as you squat down to the ground while standing with your feet shoulder-distance apart.
- Hop backward until your chest strikes the ground while placing your hands directly outside your feet.
- Lift your body into a plank position by putting your hands against the ground as if to jump with your feet outside your hands.
- With your arms raised and your weight on your heels, leap into the air with force.
A core-strengthening and toning workout worth considering is the mountain climbers' exercise. It offers a faster way to achieve your flat stomach goal faster if done correctly and consistently. In addition, the exercise enhances balance and coordination, burns calories, reduces abdominal fat, and improves posture.
How to do mountain climbers:
- Assume a high plank position with your wrists directly beneath your shoulders. Your belly button should be drawn toward your spine while retaining a strong core.
- Driving your right knee toward your chest, bring it back to the plank.
- Next, drive your left knee toward your chest and bring it back.
- Change sides once more.
If you’re looking for a workout that utilizes the whole body, this may be the workout you need. The sprawl works every muscle in the body to help burn calories and sculpture and tone your upper and lower body, especially your belly.
In addition, it enhances the standard burpee by requiring you to touch your chest on the ground and then push yourself up to a plank as you continue the movement.
How to do sprawls:
- Squat down while holding your hands on the ground.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart.
- Plank as hard as possible and then lower yourself into a deeper squat.
- Add a hop to burn even more calories (optional).
The Russian twist is a core workout that targets your transverse abdomen, internal and external obliques, and other abdominal muscles.
Sitting with your legs bent and your lower back straight, you can perform Russian twists by contracting your core muscles and rotating your body back and forth. You can also hold a free weight during this workout, such as a dumbbell or kettlebell.
How to do Russian twists:
- Sit upright with your knees bent and your feet raised off the floor.
- Hold a medicine ball in your hands at chest level.
- Put your arms close to your chest, your spine tall and long, and your body at a 45-degree angle as you lean back.
- Turn your body to the right, stop, and contract your right oblique; then, turn it to the left, pause, and tighten it.
Rowing machine exercise
Rowing is an efficient method to burn calories and develop lean, muscular mass. You can use the rowing machine to perform intervals of high-intensity interval training, which is very efficient for burning fat. Rowing machines are available for purchase if you like to exercise at home without going to the gym.
How to use the rowing machine:
- Start by rowing for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest.
- Look at the distance you covered in that period.
- Replicate this process eight times, aiming to increase your distance each time.
- Row 500 meters swiftly while timing yourself after this four-minute circuit. You should aim to equal or surpass that figure during your subsequent rowing session.